Brushing and flossing your teeth every day is not enough to maintain good oral health. It is important that you visit the dentist on a regular basis for them to assess your home maintenance program and the overall oral health condition. The dentist will check the condition of your teeth and the surrounding tissue (gums and tongue). Therefore it is important that you choose a dentist that makes you feel comfortable with their abilities.
Searching for a dentist in North Sydney?
- Ask for recommendations from family, friends or co workers
- Ask your GP or the local pharmacist
- If you are moving ask your current dentist for a recommendation
- Google North Sydney Dentist
- Contact the NSW branch of the Australian Dental Association
How to choose a dentist that suits you?
The following questions may aid you in determining if a dentist will meet your needs and expectations:
- What are the operating hours?
- Is the practice close to work or home?
- What qualifications has the dentist obtained?
- What is the dentist‘s approach to preventative dentistry?
- Do they employee a hygienist for optimal oral health maintenance?
- Does the dentist do continuing education (that is attended seminars and conferences)?
- What dental procedures and services does the practice offer?
- What is the practice policy on missed appointments?
- What is the practice policy on infection control?
If you visit the practice before making an appointment
Were the staff friendly and helpful and willing to answer your questions?
Were the staff happy to give you a tour of the practice?
Does the practice appear to be clean, neat and orderly?
Did the dental staff wear protective equipment (glasses, gloves and gowns)?
It is advisable to check with the Australian Dental Board that the dentist is registered to practise within Australia.