How does Sleeping through your next Dental Appointment sound?
What is Sleep Dentistry?
Sleep Dentistry is the use of intravenous sedation, administered and monitored by a qualified and experienced medical doctor, in the field of dental sedation techniques. This creates a profoundly peaceful and dream-like state of sedation that makes the dental experience relaxing, comfortable and enjoyable. Sleep Dentistry is the most advanced sedation technique available for overcoming fears, anxiety and discomfort that prevents many people from getting the dental treatment they need. It takes the trauma out of a dental visit, and after only a short waking period you will be ready to go home – without any hangover effect.
Sleep Dentistry is actually safer than general anaesthetic, and doesn’t require hospitalization – you can just sit in the dentist’s chair!
Sleep Dentistry is beneficial for people who:
- Hate needles and shots
- Have a low pain threshold, or difficulty getting numb
- Dislike the noises, smells, tastes and pain of dental treatment
- Have a strong or “hair-trigger” gag reflex (gag easily)
- Have very sensitive teeth or gums
- Have complex dental problems or need long sessions of work
- Are busy and wish to have more work done in fewer sessions
- Find dental treatments tedious, uncomfortable or boring
- Are fearful and anxious about any aspect of dentistry
If you fit into any of these categories, contact Greenwood Dental today, and see how we can help you.
Request an appointment today.