Porcelain Veneers and Crowns
Receive professional and contemporary care for your veneers and crowns
Veneers are excellent for treating teeth that are:
- Slightly misaligned or misshapen
- And closing gaps between teeth
They can be used to improve the shape, length, size and colour of teeth.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are thin, tooth coloured porcelain shells specifically crafted to bond and cover unsightly teeth.
Porcelain is ideal:
- As it is hard wearing and non-porous, keeping its appearance longer than other materials.
- They are less likely to chip or stain, and can last many years if maintained properly.
The procedure involves a minimal amount of tooth structure being removed, and 2 visits are required:
- First Visit – designed to prepare and take impressions. This is then sent to a technician to make the veneer.
- Second Visit – to bond the veneer to the tooth.
Crowns protect heavily restored teeth and prevent further fracturing.
A full crown may be necessary:
- If a tooth has had root canal therapy
- A substantial portion of the tooth structure has been lost
- If the tooth is fractured
- Or old restorations have open leaky margins and decay
This also requires 2 visits, and a laboratory technician is involved in the process.
Porcelain Inlays are laboratory-made, tooth-coloured restorations (fillings). These are ideal for larger restorations in back teeth, due to the outstanding aesthetics, and bond to the remaining tooth. Teeth are then stronger and less likely to fracture.
Bonded Restorations use a tooth-coloured composite resin that hardens on exposure to bright light – ideal for smaller restorations. This can be used for fillings in front or back teeth, with an effective natural look.